2018 Scientific Sessions Newsroom
Sat., Nov. 10 through Mon., Nov. 12 at the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago.
is now open until Oct. 31st.
As the American Heart Association’s Scientific Sessions 2018 moves to a new three-day format, media embargoes also have been realigned.
What you need to know:
- Similar number of abstracts, late breaking science and presentations with clinical and population news on Sat. Nov. 10 and Sun. Nov. 11 and the Presidential address on Sunday, Nov. 11. 2018 Online Program Planner
- Resuscitation Science Symposium 2018 Nov. 10-11
- The embargoed news kit for Scientific Sessions and the Resuscitation Symposium will be available to registered media in late October.
- NEW Embargoes on all non-late breaking abstracts lift at 5 a.m. ET, Mon., Nov. 5, 2018.
- Now, media can write and publish consumer health news and CPR-related news before traveling to Chicago.
- Media can focus on late-breaking news onsite as top late breakers will be featured in embargoed briefings available via live stream.
- Onsite media registration/badge pick up will be Fri. afternoon, Nov. 9.
- First media event is tentatively scheduled for 8 a.m. ET, Sat., Nov. 10.
Not going to Sessions?
Receive all advance media materials and access the livestream of embargoed media briefings by logging into or registering for our embargoed password protected newsroom. Access/register here. AHA Embargo and Recording Policies.
Media with questions, please call 214-706-1173 or reach staff via email/phone.