2018 Scientific Sessions Newsroom
Sat., Nov. 10 through Mon., Nov. 12 at the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago.
is now open until Oct. 31st.
As the American Heart Association’s Scientific Sessions 2018 moves to a new three-day format, media embargoes also have been realigned.
View the complete list of Sessions Late Breaking Science (28) and three oral Resuscitation Late Breaking Science. Trial results will be presented at the meetings in November.
What you need to know:
- Similar number of abstracts, late breaking science and presentations with clinical and population news presented on Sat. Nov. 10 and Sun. Nov. 11. 2018 Online Program Planner
- AHA Presidential address on Sunday, Nov. 11.
- Resuscitation Science Symposium 2018 Nov. 10-11.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is set to release the second edition of the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans based on the latest science about the health benefits of physical activity on November 12, 9-10:15 am CT.
- HHS Assistant Secretary for Health, ADM Brett P. Giroir, MD, will be joined by a panel of federal and non-federal experts for a keynote session to share what’s new in the second edition, the science behind the new recommendations, new evidence supporting the connections between physical activity, disease prevention and overall quality of life, and strategies for health care and other sectors to help Americans get more physical activity.
- The embargoed news kit for Scientific Sessions and the Resuscitation Symposium will be available to registered media in late October.
NEW Embargoes on all non-late breaking abstracts lift at 5 a.m. ET, Mon., Nov. 5, 2018.
- Now, media can write and publish consumer health news and CPR-related news before traveling to Chicago.
- Media can focus on late-breaking news onsite as top late breakers will be featured in embargoed briefings available via live stream.
- Onsite media registration/badge pick up will be Fri. afternoon, Nov. 9.
- First media event is tentatively scheduled for 8 a.m. ET, Sat., Nov. 10.
Not going to Sessions?
Receive all advance media materials and access the livestream of embargoed media briefings by logging into or registering for our embargoed password protected newsroom. Access/register here. AHA Embargo and Recording Policies.
Media with questions, please call 214-706-1173 or reach staff via email/phone.