International Stroke Conference 2018 Newsroom
Nursing Symposium & Pre-Con Symposia: Jan. 23, 2018
Sessions: Jan. 24 – 26, 2018
Los Angeles Convention\ Center | Los Angeles, Calif.
Access to MEDIA ONLY ISC 18 news materials is available on the ISC 18 Password Protected Online Newsroom.
Please bookmark this link: https://newsroom.heart.org/isc-2018-embargoed-newsroom
Also, whether you covered ISC on site or off site we'd like to hear from you. Please take our survey located on the above link on the quick links pabel on the left side of each tab. The deadline is 5pm CT on Mon., Feb. 12th.
NOTE: This site is monitored. Please do not share your access information as it will not allow multiple logins on the same account. All media must have their own unique user name/password.
Media briefings are archived on the live streaming link accessible only on the password protected newsroom.
Daily News from ISC 18
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
- More stroke patients may receive crucial treatments under new guideline - American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Guideline
- American Stroke Association honors 10 for outstanding stroke research
- Rare type of stroke increasing among pregnant women - Presentation 36 - Session: A6
- Many stroke survivors don’t receive timely rehab- Wednesday News Tip – Presentation 26 – Session: A4
- Genetic ancestry test beats self-reports in predicting bleeding stroke risk - Presentation 53 - Session: A9
- La ascendencia genética se impone sobre los autoinformes en la predicción del riesgo de accidente cerebrovascular hemorrágico
- Sleep apnea after stroke heightens risk of another stroke; death - Wed. News Tip Poster Presentation WMP59 – Session: MP5
- La apnea del sueño después de un accidente cerebrovascular aumenta el riesgo de sufrir otro accidente cerebrovascular o de fallecer
- Less than one in 100 stroke survivors meet heart health goals - Wed. News Tip Poster Presentation WMP86 – Session: MP8
- Finances may be barrier to calling 9-1-1 for stroke symptoms in minority neighborhoods - Poster Presentation WP175 - Session: P8
- Brain stimulation plus adult neural stem cells may speed stroke recovery - Wednesday News Tip Presentation 59 - Session: A11
Thursday, January 25, 2018
- Prompt clot-grabbing treatment produces better stroke outcomes - Thursday News Tip Presentation 78 – Session: A16
- Better insurance access hasn’t eliminated cost barriers to post-stroke meds - Thursday News Tip Presentation 134 – Session: A24
- MIND diet slows cognitive decline in stroke survivors - Presentation 152 - Session: A26
- Simple test speeds recognition of posterior stroke - Thursday News Tip Poster Presentation TMP69 – Session: MP16
- Asian-American ethnicity associated with severe stroke, worse outcomes - Moderated Poster Presentation TMP75 - Session: MP17
- Too few with stroke of the eye are treated to reduce future stroke - Poster TMP76 - Session: MP17
- Working before and after stroke is good for brain health - Poster TMP92 - Session: MP18
Friday, January 26, 2018
- Cancer patients less likely to receive clot-busting drugs after stroke - Friday News Tip Presentation 161 – Session: A28
- Stress and diet associated with brain bleeds in sub-Saharan Africa - Friday News Tip Presentation 183 – Session: A32