March is National Nutrition Month
Jump into Spring and be heart-healthy!
Did you know…
- 97 percent of children and adolescents eat too much salt? This puts them at a greater risk for cardiovascular diseases as they get older. We can help you set healthy diet goals.
- 1 in 3 Americans will develop high blood pressure and a high-sodium diet may be to blame.
- Do you know how much sugar one 12-ounce can of regular soda contains? Eight teaspoons of sugar, or 130 calories and zero nutrition.
- The American Heart Association recommends that you aim to eat less than 1,500 mg of sodium per day. Take our Sodium to quiz to find out more tips.
So what can you do?
- Sign up for our Our My Heart. My Life e-newsletter designed to inspire, motivate and educate individuals to live healthier lives.
- Follow @HeartNews for more tips and tricks about Nutrition Month!
- Stop Smoking
- Visit our Nutrition Center and find out more about
- Healthy Diet Goals
- Healthy Cooking
- Dining Out
- Heart-Smart Shopping
- Cookbooks and Health Guides
- Visit our Nutrition Dictionary
- Take Quizzes to learn more:
- Get Moving - Take the first step. Start with walking! Why? It's easy, it works and it pays! And visit StartWalkingNow.org to find tools and resources to get you on the right path to a healthier lifestyle.
Also this month:
Child Life Month www.childlife.org
Patient Safety Awareness Week www.npsf.org
March 20 - Kick Butts Day
March 26- American Diabetes Association Alert Day
March 30 - Doctors Day