March is Nutrition Month
March is National Nutrition Month and the American Heart Association can help you learn how to Eat Smart!
Healthy For Good™ is the American Heart Association’s new movement to inspire all Americans to live healthier lives and create lasting change. It focuses on the simple idea that making small, incremental changes today can create a difference for generations to come. The movement is built on four pillars: Eat smart. Add color. Move more. Be well.
This mantra breaks down the essential principles of true whole-body health – eating healthy, including adding more colorful fruits and veggies; being more physically active; and creating an overall healthy lifestyle including sleep, mindfulness, stress management, mental health, social connection, and more. Learn more at www.heart.org/HealthyForGood.
Did you know...
* Added sugars contribute zero nutrients but many added calories that can lead to extra pounds & increased risk of diseases.
* Want to stop sugary drinks from hooking your kids? Check out this @Voices4HK toolkit.
* Want to limit sugary drinks? We have some tips for success.
World Salt Awareness Week is March 20-26
We can help you Shake the Salt Habit.
* Break up with sneaky sodium by visiting www.heart.org/sodium.
* Tell food companies and restaurants to support healthier food ingredients, and encourage more food companies to break up with salt in the Action Center.
* Find delicious, healthy recipes at www.heart.org/recipes. Now you can create a login and save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box.
* Read and compare nutrition labels. Choose products with the lowest amounts of sodium, saturated fat and added sugars. Look for the Heart-Check Mark on foods as an easy way to identify healthier choices. Learn more at www.heartcheck.org.
AHA's Salty Six Infographic highlights six popular foods that can add high levels of sodium to your diet. They are bread and rolls, cold cuts, cured meat, pizza, poultry, soup, and sandwiches.copyright American Heart Association
3/1 - Ash Wednesday
3/3 - Employee Appreciation Day first Friday in March
Portland, OR | March 7-10, 2017
3/12 - Daylight Saving Time begins - Spring clocks forward one hour
3/15 - Ides of March
3/17- Saint Patrick's Day
3/20 - First Day of Spring
3/20-26 World Salt Awareness Week