Scientific Sessions 2012 Newsroom
November 05, 2012
Welcome to the Scientific Sessions 2012 Newsroom
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR - Thank you for attending Scientific Sessions 2012, we look forward to seeing you next year in Dallas!
NEW for 2012:
- There are 27 Late-breaking clinical trials being presented. Three LBCT Embargoed Media Briefings are planned for select clinical trials only. There are no news conferences for late-breaking clinical trials.
- These embargoed briefings are restricted to credentialed media.
- Late-breaking clinical trial results will be embargoed until each abstract’s individual scientific presentation.
- Video of the LBCT Embargoed Media Briefings will be posted on MedpageToday.com after all embargos lift at time of presentation.
- EMBARGO POLICY and AHA Policies for Recording Devices 2012
- Two “featured news conferences” will highlight some of the hottest consumer-related news of the day. Embargoes on presentations in the “featured news conference” will lift at the beginning of the news conference.
- Video of the Featured News Conferences will be posted on MedpageToday.com within 1-2 hours of news conference.
- A media reception is planned for 5 p.m. PT, Tuesday, Nov. 6, with televisions available to watch election night returns.
Follow news from AHA’s Scientific Sessions 2012 via Twitter: @HeartNews.
DAILY NEWS RELEASES AND NEWS TIPS
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2012
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2012
LBCT 1 Practice Implications for CAD and VTE
- Results of the Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy News Release
- Main Results of the Future REvascularization Evaluation in patients with Diabetes mellitus: Optimal management of Multivessel disease (FREEDOM) Trial News Release
LBCT 2 Health Economics and Quality of Life in Contemporary Trials
- Economic Outcomes of Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Performed at Sites With and Without On-Site Cardiac Surgery News Release
- Quality of Life Outcomes in the Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy (TACT) News Release
- Cost-Effectiveness of PCI with Drug Eluting Stents versus Bypass Surgery for Patients with Diabetes and Multi-vessel Coronary Artery Disease: Results from the FREEDOM Trial News Release
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2012
LBCT 3 Treatments for Prevention of Cardiovascular Events: A Population Perspective
- Fish Oil for the Prevention of Post-Operative Atrial Fibrillation - The Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Prevention of Post-Operative Atrial Fibrillation (OPERA) Trial -News Release
- A Randomized Trial of a Multivitamin in the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease in Men: The Physicians’ Health Study II -News Release
Use of a Multidrug Pill In Reducing cardiovascular Events (UMPIRE) - News Release
LBCT 4 Novel Treatments for Managing Lipid Disorders
- Effects of the Cholesteryl Ester Transfer Protein Inhibitor Dalcetrapib in Patients with Recent Acute Coronary Syndrome News Release
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2012
LBCT 5 Cell-based Therapies for Myocardial Regeneration
- EMBARGO LIFTED 11/5 -- Randomized Comparison of Allogeneic vs Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Patients with Ischemic Cardiomyopathy -News Release
- Randomized Comparison of Allogeneic vs Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Patients with Ischemic Cardiomyopathy - News Release
- Effect of Cardiac Stem Cells in Patients with Ischemic Cardiomyopathy: Interim Results of the SCIPIO Trial Up to 2 Years After Therapy - News Release
LBCT 6 Management of LV Dysfunction: Devices and Drugs
- Pilot Trial of Two Levels of Hypothermia in Comatose Survivors from Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest - News Release
RELAXin in Acute Heart Failure (RELAX-AHF) Trial News Release
- Cardiorenal Rescue Study in Acute Decompensated Heart Failure: Results of CARRESS-HF, for the Heart Failure Clinical Research Network - News Release
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2012