Access to AHA/ASA Embargoed Media Materials - Journalists must apply via the links to "Apply for Option 1" and/or "Option 2" below. NOTE: please log in with your email address and password.
Get Access to AHA/ASA Embargoed Media Materials
Option 1: Access to password protected newsroom 24/7 with free access to AHA/ASA Journals.
Option 2: Access to AHA/ASA news materials pre-embargo via email distribution.
Journalists must meet the following criteria to apply for one or both options:
- Reporters, writers, producers and editors with staff credentials from newspapers, magazines, online news services, wire services, radio or television networks and stations that produce daily or weekly health/medical/science news. Applications from credentialed news media who produce materials for bi-monthly, monthly, or quarterly publications or programs will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Freelancers with approved credentials and/or an assignment letter from an approved media outlet. (Freelancers are required to provide three by-lined articles/clip links written for media outlets (criteria above) within the past six months.)
- Editors, writers of newsletters created and distributed by universities and hospitals for the public/patients/students.
- Online news services or online outlets that provide daily or weekly coverage of health/medical/science news.
- Bloggers who are associated with traditional media outlets or those who report on breaking health news on a daily/weekly basis.
Options must be applied for separately as Option 1 is webpage based/password protected and Option 2 is email based. Please include http when adding your URL. Thank you for your understanding.
Access to the AHA/ASA embargoed media materials is limited to a restricted group of journalists as determined by AHA Communications. You will be asked periodically to renew your embargo agreement and update your credentials.
Journalists and other media representatives who may not qualify for access to the password protected newsroom or the pre-embargo media email list, you may receive our news materials via email at the time of embargo via Email Alerts
Who cannot register for access to embargoed media materials:
- Publishers, executive staff, sales representatives, advertising or marketing staff associated with books, magazines, broadcast outlets or websites.
- Staff or freelancers representing non-media websites, such as blogs not associated with an accredited media or health website, and/or for-profit company websites that do not have an independent editorial staff.
- Industry representatives and financial or industry analysts.
- Writers/editors or contributors for patient publications created and distributed by industry, such as pharmaceutical companies or device manufacturers; in-house and/or industry newsletters/magazines/ websites supported by industry or publications supported by a retail chain store, such as a drug store.
- Staff from public relations firms, advertising agencies or production companies.
- Representatives of corporate, academic or hospital public relations/advertising/marketing departments (unless they are an editor or writer of a newsletter that has a public/patient/student audience).
For access to news media materials at embargo please sign up for our Email Alerts
or RSS feeds
or access our newsroom at newsroom.heart.org.