American Heart Association Communications
What can we help you with - news, information, expertise?
National News Media: For expert interviews/info, please contact staff (below) based on science/program/topic.
- Local News Media: Find communications staff in your area: American Heart Association offices.
- NOT news media? please Contact Us or call 1.800.AHA.USA1.
AHA/ASA National Programs Communications Staff
Children Related Programs:
- Bridget O'Leary; 214.706.1152
- Alexson Calahan; 515.994.0772 (Congenital Heart Defects)
- Maggie Francis; 214.706.1382 (Congenital Heart Defects)
Company Health Programs:
CPR/First Aid Programs:
- Marissa Alanis; 214.706.1538 (Hands-Only CPR)
- Stephanie Brown; 214.706.1857 (ECC - Emergency Cardiovascular Care)
Entertainment/Sports and Youth Programs (Hoops/Jump Rope for Heart):
- Kelsey Walters; 214.706.4851
Go Red For Women:
Healthy Living (Nutrition/sodium/sugar, Physical Activity, Lifestyle) Programs:
Patient Programs - Conditions-Heart Attack/Heart Failure/Risk Factors/Support Network:
Quality Health (Get with the Guidelines) Initiatives:
- Cathy Lewis; 214.706.1324
Stroke and Multicultural Programs:
- Director - Toiya Honore 214.706.1456
- Mara Silverio; 214.706.1508 (Stroke)
- Stephanie Brown; 214.706.1857 (Multicultural Initiatives)
National Media Advocacy (Policy/Government issues)
- Director - Retha Sherrod; 202.785.7929
State Advocacy - Voices for Healthy Kids (nutrition and physical activity state/local policy, sugary drinks)
- Suzette Harris; 214.706.1207
Scientific Journals/Meetings News Media Materials
- Director: Carrie Thacker; 214.706.1665
- Darcy Spitz; 212.878.5940
- Bridgette McNeill; 214.706.1135
- Karen Astle; 214.706.1392
- Joanna Carr; 214.706.1396
- National Broadcast Media Inquiries: Julie Del Barto; 214.706.1330
AHA/ASA National News Media Relations line: 214.706.1173.
Our regular business hours are M-F 8:30a-5p CT.
Follow @HeartNews | Connect with us | Social Media Hub