Damar Hamlin's #3forheart™ CPR Challenge
Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin is launching his #3forheart™ CPR Challenge aimed at saving more lives through CPR education and training with the American Heart Association, a global force for healthier lives for all.
Hamlin’s #3forHeart™ CPR Challenge is 3 steps.1 – LEARN: Go to heart.org/3 to watch a 60-second video to learn Hands-Only CPR
2 – GIVE: Donate to the American Heart Association to fund CPR education and training, and other lifesaving programs and scientific research.
3 – SHARE: Use #3forHeart™ to challenge 3 friends to do the same on social media.
Challenge issued to Be The Beat
and learn CPR during American Heart Month
The American Heart Association to focus on improving cardiac arrest survival rate through life-saving skills education and training.
Learn how you can participate. English | Spanish
National Wear Red Day® is Friday, February 3, 2023.
Wear red to raise awareness about cardiovascular disease and help save lives. Why? Because losing even one woman to cardiovascular disease is too many.
AHA president, Michelle A. Albert, M.D., M.P.H., on American Heart Month
AHA president, Michelle A. Albert, M.D., M.P.H., on the Go Red for Women Movement.
AHA president, Michelle A. Albert, M.D., M.P.H., on Black History Month
Do you know the difference? (Infographic transcript)
People often use these terms interchangeably, but they are not the same.
A HEART ATTACK occurs when blood flow to the heart is blocked. A heart attack is a “CIRCULATION” problem.
It’s important to catch them early and call 9-1-1 for help. The sooner medical treatment begins, the better the chances of survival and preventing heart damage.
The new Heartsaver® Virtual is a convenient training kit and app solution allows you the flexibility to take Heartsaver® eLearning courses and complete a virtual hands-on skills session with an instructor 100% online.
Heart and Brain Connection
Stress may contribute to poor health behaviors linked to increased risk for heart disease and stroke, such as:
- Lack of physical activity
- Unhealthy diet
- Being overweight
- Not taking medications as prescribed
The International Stroke Conference 2023 is an in-person event + Virtual Experience, Feb. 8-10, at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas.
Follow the latest heart and brain news: National Science and Program News and Your Local News (search by category/region)
American Heart Month | Black History Month | National Cancer Prevention Month
- 2/1 - International Day/Month of Black Women in the Arts
- 2/1-7 - Women’s Heart Week | African Heritage and Health Week
- 2/2 - Groundhog Day
- 2/3 - National Wear Red Day - Go Red for Women
O: OWN YOUR LIFESTYLE - Stop smoking, lose weight, exercise, and eat healthy.
R: REALIZE YOUR RISK - We think it won’t happen to us, but heart disease kills 1 in 3 women.
E: EDUCATE YOUR FAMILY - Make healthy food choices for you & your family and stay active.
D: DON’T BE SILENT - Tell every woman you know that heart disease is our No. 1 killer.
- 2/3 - National Patient Recognition Day | National Women Physicians Day
- 2/4 - World Cancer Day | Homemade Soup Day (AHA Tomato/Basil soup recipe) | National Play Outside Day (1st Sat. each month)
- 2/5-11 - National Children’s Mental Health Week
- 2/6 - Pay a Compliment Day
- 2/7 - Pre-Conference Symposia | State of the Science Stroke Nursing Symposium | African American Coaches Day
- 2/7-14 - Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week
- 2/7-15 - International Week of Black Women In the Arts
- 2/8 - National Kite Flying Day
- 2/8-10 - American Stroke Association’s International Stroke Conference (ISC23) | ISC23 Media/Public Newsroom
- 2/11 - International Day of Women & Girls in Science
- 2/12 - Lincoln’s Birthday | NAACP Day | Autism Sunday | Super Bowl Sunday | Hug Day
- 2/12-18 - Heart Failure Awareness Week | National Hero Week | Random Acts of Kindness Week
- 2/14 - World Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Day | National Donor Day | National Have a Heart Day | Valentine’s Day
- 2/17 - National Caregivers Day | Random Acts of Kindness Day
- 2/20 - Presidents’ Day | World Day for Social Justice | Mardi Gras | Love Your Pet Day
- 2/21 - Shrove Tuesday/Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras
- 2/22 - Ash Wednesday | Washington’s Birthday | Rare Disease Day | Recreational Sports & Fitness Day | Walking the Dog Day
- 2/23 - World Understanding and Peace Day
- 2/24 - National Dance Day
- 2/27 - National Strawberry Day