The American Stroke Association’s International Stroke Conference (ISC) is the world’s premier meeting dedicated to the science and treatment of cerebrovascular disease and brain health.
Follow the NEWS from ISC below
Important Updates for ISC 2024
ALL Journalists must have separate, approved login credentials to access the embargoed, media-only ISC 2024 password-protected newsroom (PPN).
Access to Embargoed ISC 2024 Password-Protected Newsroom (ISCPPN) requires a separate login.
- You only have to register for the PPN access IF you do not already have an active PPN login. You do not need to re-register.
- If you are not currently accessing an AHA/ASA PPN, you may apply for access at the link below.
- Those who have not accessed the AHA's main PPN within the last calendar year will be required to re-apply and some criteria for access may have changed.
- When you open the link, approved media may login on the left of the page or select the link on the right of the page to request PPN access.
- Once logged in, please see the Home tab for important information on navigating the ISCPPN.
The site homepage offers specific details on navigating the PPN and accessing meeting materials.
Please do not share this link; log-ins to the PPN are monitored.
Non-Late-Breaking Science abstracts for the ISC 2024 and the Stroke Nursing Symposia - Embargoes lift at 4 a.m. CT/5 a.m. ET, Thursday, Feb. 1, 2024.
Featured Science, Late-Breaking Basic Science and Late-Breaking Science (LBS) abstracts for ISC 2024 - The embargo for each Late-Breaking Science (LBS) study lifts at the exact presentation time for the study on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, Feb. 7, 8 or 9, 2024.
Content/Schedule are subject to change – All times listed are Mountain Time.
NEWS from ISC 2024 - added as available
Thursday, Feb. 1, 2024
- Black women with high blood pressure before age 35 may have triple the risk of a stroke | Spanish news release
- Experiencing “stroke-like” symptoms may be more traumatic than an actual stroke | Spanish news release
- Lifetime exposure to sexual assault and other traumatic stress may harm stroke recovery | Spanish news release
- Risk of dementia was nearly three times higher the first year after a stroke | Spanish news release
- Nerve stimulation plus intense rehab may improve arm and hand function after stroke
- Where you live may be associated with more successful stroke recovery
- New clot-busting medication simplified stroke treatment in specialized ambulance
- Stroke or stroke plus neck artery tear almost doubled risk of heart attack within a year
- 2 common types of antidepressants were safe for most stroke survivors | Spanish news release
- Active components of ginkgo biloba may improve early cognitive recovery after stroke
- More neighborhood fitness spaces linked to higher physical activity levels after stroke
New in 2023/2024:
- Freelance Science and Health Journalists: Apply for the AHA’s new Travel Grant Award for freelance science and health journalists covering scientific meetings. Learn if you are eligible to apply for a travel stipend to cover an AHA scientific meeting.
- The deadline to apply for ISC 2024 has passed but EPI|Lifestyle Scientific Sessions 2024 is March 18–21, 2024 at the Hilton Chicago - APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 5 pm ET, January 26, 2024
Applications are now being accepted for the first-of-their-kind Brain Health scholarships announced in honor of Dr. Ralph Sacco in September 2023.
The scholarships are jointly funded by the American Heart Association, the American Academy of Neurology and a bequest from Dr. Sacco.
- Statements & Guidelines | Statistics
- Embargo and Recording Policies
- Images | General B-roll and Animations
- AHA/ASA Watch and Learn Medical Illustration Library (for viewing only - may be licensed for use with permission)
- Follow AHA/ASA news on X (formerly Twitter) @HeartNews