Get to know some of our Quality Improvement Programs and Initiatives:
Did you know?
Our initiatives work together to improve outcomes for the 100 million+ Americans living with hypertension, high cholesterol and/or type 2 diabetes. Learn more about our initiatives for outpatient facilities.
International focus on Quality Care:
Over the past 20 years in the US, the AHA has made quality improvement a priority. To date, nearly half of US hospitals have implemented the AHA’s quality improvement programs like Get With The Guidelines®. 8 million patients have been treated at Get With The Guidelines participating hospitals. That's an increase of more than 3,200% since 2005 alone.
We recognize the need for high-quality patient care around the world and expanded our cardiovascular and stroke quality improvement programs globally. Since 2015, more than 210,000 patients in China, Brazil, and the United Arab Emirates have benefitted from the most up-to-date guideline-based quality care as a result of our programs, and we expect continued positive outcomes as we grow internationally.
5 things you need to know to stay safe and healthy this summer:
- Heat illness strikes thousands each year
- The 65+ and other risk factors
- Keep hydrated, by the numbers
- Sun protection 101: Use SPF 30 or higher
- Swim safely, don't become a statistic
Read more on each of these bullet points.
Keep cool as you refuel.
Try light, healthy pre- and post-workout snacks that can also help you stay cool, such as:
- Chilled or frozen fruit
- Homemade popsicles made from 100 percent fruit juice
- Fruit smoothies
- Cold salads loaded with vegetables, beans, legumes and heart-healthy fish like albacore tuna or salmon
- Crisp, chilled raw veggies like cucumber, carrot or celery with a light, cool dip
- Cold sparkling water with a splash of 100% fruit juice or slices of citrus or cucumber
Beat the heat.
If you find you just can’t tolerate the heat, don’t skip out on your workout or physical activity time!
- Find indoor locations where you can be active, such as a shopping mall, gym or community recreation center.
- Discover activities you can do in your home or at work.
- Adjust your workout schedule to early morning or late evening when it’s cooler outside.
Important dates in July
7/1-7/31- Quality Improvement Month
7/1-7/31 UV Awareness Month
7/4- Independence Day
7/19-7/25- National Youth Sports Week
7/25- National Parents Day
7/28- World Hepatitis Day