The urgency to disseminate the latest cardiovascular and stroke science to colleagues around the world has never been greater.
- Schedule-at-a-Glance (PDF)
- Late-Breaking Science
- Science News Coverage and Analysis
- Exhibit Hall
MEDIA ACCESS REQUIREMENTS for Scientific Sessions 2021
It is a two-step registration process.
- Please review the updated registration requirements and AHA Embargo and Recording Policies, including who can and cannot apply for embargoed access to AHA/ASA news media materials via the password protected newsroom (PPN).
- Meeting registration includes an “electronic badge” that will provide access to the live, main event (late-breaking science) sessions virtually.
- Technical assistance for the online registration process is available via a link at the bottom of each page of the registration form.
- Journalists who have not accessed the AHA's main PPN within the last calendar year will be required to re-apply.
- The PPN includes access to the embargoed press materials and resources and the live, embargoed news briefings.
Embargoes for abstracts/studies presented at Scientific Sessions 2021, Resuscitation Science Symposium 2021 (ReSS) and Quality of Care and Outcomes Research 2021 Scientific Sessions (QCOR) are as noted below.
Note: Penalties for breaking an embargo will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Circumstances of the embargo violation will be evaluated before a determination is made regarding appropriate penalties.
|Non-Late-Breaking Science for Scientific Sessions (Advance News Kit), Resuscitation Science Symposium and QCOR||Embargoes lift at 4 a.m. CT/5 a.m. ET, Monday, Nov. 8, 2021|
|Featured Science (FS) presentations for Scientific Sessions||The embargo for each Featured Science (FS) study lifts at the exact presentation time for the study: Saturday-Monday, Nov. 13-15 2021.|
|Late-Breaking Science (LBS) for Scientific Sessions||The embargo for each Late-Breaking Science (LBS) study lifts at the exact presentation time for the study: Sat.-Mon., Nov. 13-15 2021.|
- AHA COVID-19 Newsroom
- Log in to the AHA/ASA password protected newsroom
- Statements & Guidelines | Statistics
- Embargo and Recording Policies
- Images | General B-roll | Stock Photos | Animations
- AHA/ASA Watch and Learn Medical Illustration Library (for viewing only - may be licensed for use with permission)
- Original AHA/ASA news/survivor stories for media use available from American Heart Association News on News.heart.org