LOS ANGELES, Thursday, April 28, 2022 – Four-time GRAMMY® Award-winning singer, songwriter, author, actress and television producer Kelly Rowland, and chart-topping singer-songwriter Lauren Spencer-Smith headline the broadcast of the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women Red Dress Collection Concert – Powered by Pandora at 5 p.m. PST/8 p.m. EST on May 4. An encore presentation will happen immediately following the first airing. Fans can RSVP for free HERE.
The American Heart Association, a global force for longer, healthier lives, teamed up with streaming service Pandora for the star-studded 20th annual Red Dress Collection concert event, recorded in front of a live audience on April 7 in Los Angeles. The fashion-infused, unforgettable evening of music rallies women and the men who love them to speak up and take action against cardiovascular disease, which remains their No. 1 killer, including new moms and expecting moms.
In addition to performances from Rowland and Spencer-Smith, the concert includes appearances and remarks by Red Dress Collection celebrity alumnae Star Jones, Garcelle Beauvais, Jeannie Mai Jenkins, Christina Milian, Vivica A. Fox and Elisabeth Röhm. Each star pays homage to the Red Dress Collection’s high-fashion legacy with bespoke red ensembles while getting personal about their own lived experiences and connections to cardiovascular disease. Also woven throughout the show are emotive stories of young moms touched by heart disease and stroke.
“Mother’s Day is just around the corner – a time to reflect on the moms, grandmothers, aunts and other amazing women in our lives and what they mean to us. Many of us will also be missing the women who are no longer with us,” said Nancy Brown, American Heart Association Chief Executive Officer. “One in three women lose their lives to cardiovascular disease, which is a statistic the American Heart Association is committed to change by advancing research and encouraging all women to take care of their health at every age and every stage of life.”
The Red Dress Collection was originally founded by The Heart Truth program at the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI) of the National Institutes of Health. It now serves as Go Red for Women’s national marquee event focused on increasing awareness of heart disease in women, and uniting women as a relentless force to end heart disease and stroke globally.
To learn more about reclaiming your health or to make a donation to the American Heart Association in honor of the women you love, visit GoRedforWomen.org.
The American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women movement is nationally sponsored by CVS Health.
- Photos from the concert for media use can be found HERE.
- The EPK from the event red carpet can be found HERE.
- Multimedia available on the right column of the release link https://newsroom.heart.org/news/superstar-kelly-rowland-headlines-american-heart-associations-go-red-for-women-red-dress-collection-concert-powered-by-pandora
- Support Network Maternal Health Forum: heart.org/maternalhealthsupport
- 2022 Go Red for Women 2022 Survivor Class news release: https://newsroom.heart.org/news/2022-real-women-survivor-class-use-music-to-inspire-others-to-take-charge-of-their-health
- Most people giving birth in the U.S. have poor heart health prior to pregnancy: https://newsroom.heart.org/news/most-people-giving-birth-in-the-u-s-have-poor-heart-health-prior-to-pregnancy
- AHA Scientific Statement: High blood pressure treatment in pregnancy is safe, prevents maternal heart risks: https://newsroom.heart.org/news/high-blood-pressure-treatment-in-pregnancy-is-safe-prevents-maternal-heart-risks
- Music executive’s gift provides online maternal health support: https://newsroom.heart.org/news/music-executives-gift-provides-online-maternal-health-support
About Go Red for Women
The American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women® movement is the trusted, passionate, relevant force for change to end heart disease and stroke in women all over the world. While the large majority of cardiac events can be prevented, cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in women, claiming the lives of 1 in 3 women. For 18 years, Go Red for Women has provided a platform for women to come together, raise awareness, fund lifesaving research, advocate for change and improve the lives of all women everywhere. The American Heart Association's Go Red for Women movement is nationally sponsored by CVS Health, with additional support from national cause supporters. Connect with us on GoRedforWomen.org, Facebook, Twitter or by calling 1-888-MY-HEART (1- 888-694-3278).
About the American Heart Association
The American Heart Association is a leading force for a world of longer, healthier lives. With nearly a century of lifesaving work, the Dallas-based association is dedicated to ensuring equitable health for all. We are a trustworthy source empowering people to improve their heart health, brain health and well-being. We collaborate with numerous organizations and millions of volunteers to fund innovative research, advocate for stronger public health policies, and share lifesaving resources and information. Connect with us on heart.org,Facebook,Twitter or by calling 1-800-AHA-USA1.
For media inquiries:
Jayme Sandberg, American Heart Association: firstname.lastname@example.org, 214-706-2169
Brittany Herrmann, Edelman: email@example.com, 917-244-0665