What can we help you with - news, information, expertise?
AHA/ASA National News Media Relations line: 214-706-1173 - Regular business hours are M-F 8:30a-5p CT.
Line/voicemail is monitored during business hours as well as periodic after-hours (evenings)/weekends and holiday coverage - response times are asap.
- Local News Media: Find communications staff in your area - see the local community tab on the top right of Heart.org.
- NOT news media? please Contact Us or call 1-800-AHA-USA1.
- Want embargoed materials/access? Please see criteria and application forms for accredited media only here.
- Want to use something you see on the newsroom site?
- Media: please see our usage policy. This governs newsroom materials only - for heart.org and other AHA sites please see copyright permissions information on next bullet.
- Non-news media, if you want to reprint/use multimedia on any AHA/ASA website, including the newsroom, you must request it via the copyright permission office - guidelines and request form here.
- AHA/ASA Online Newsroom:
- Content questions about the AHA’s homepage / AHA News stories?
- Advertising or Public Service announcements (PSAs) questions? Please call 1-800-AHA-USA1.
AHA/ASA Scientific Journals, Meetings, News Media Materials:
- Director - Michelle Kirkwood 703-457-7838
- Bridgette McNeill; 214-706-1135
- Karen Astle; 214-706-1392
- Maggie Francis; 214-706-1382
- Joanna Carr; 214-706-1396
- National Broadcast Media Inquiries: Julie Del Barto; 214-706-1330
AHA/ASA Advocacy Communications Staff (Policy/Government issues)
- Steve Weiss; VP of Media Advocacy, 202-785-7905
- Arielle Beer; federal advocacy issues, 202-785-7902
- Shelly Hogan; state and community advocacy issues, 214-706-1782
- Suzette Harris; children’s nutrition and physical activity, 214-706-1207
AHA Programs Media Relations: Please call the media line at 214-706-1173 or email email@example.com to be directed to the appropriate staff.