What can we help you with - news, information, expertise?
National News Media: For expert interviews/info, please contact staff (below) based on science/program/topic.
- Local News Media: Find communications staff in your area: American Heart Association offices on right side of top navigation.
- NOT news media? please Contact Us or call 1-800-AHA-USA1.
AHA/ASA National Programs Communications Staff
Center for Health Technology & Innovation:
Children Related Programs:
- Linzy Cotaya; 504-473-6494 (Kids Physical Activity / Kids Heart Challenge / Congenital Heart Defects)
Conditions/Patient Programs/Support Network:
Director - Toiya Honore 214-706-1456
Alexson Calahan; 515-994-0772 (Stroke, Vascular, Heart Failure, Patient Support Network
Jayme Sandberg; 214-706-2169 (Diabetes, Know Diabetes by Heart)
Maggie Francis; 214-706-1382 (Hypertension, Cholesterol)
CPR/First Aid Programs:
Health Equity/Social Determinants of Health:
Healthy Living Programs: (Nutrition:sodium/sugar / Physical Activity / Lifestyle / Pet Companion Initiative)
Strategic Research and Emerging Science Communications:
- Cathy Lewis; 214-706-1324
Women/Go Red for Women:
Workplace Health Solutions/Quality Health Solutions:
- Director -Tracie Bertaut; 504-722-1695 (International Programs)
- Karen Springs 214-706-4831
- Kandis Wilborn 214-706-4855
AHA/ASA Advocacy Communications Staff (Policy/Government issues)
- Steve Weiss; VP of Media Advocacy, 202-785-7905
- Shelly Hogan; Director of Field Media Advocacy, 512-689-0869
- Suniti Bal; Director of Federal Media Advocacy, 202-785-7929
- Suzette Harris; Director of Media Advocacy - Voices for Healthy Kids (nutrition and physical activity state/local policy, sugary drinks), 214-706-1207
AHA/ASA Scientific Journals, Meetings, News Media Materials:
- Director - Michelle Kirkwood 703-457-7838
- Darcy Spitz; 212-878-5940
- Bridgette McNeill; 214-706-1135
- Karen Astle; 214-706-1392
- Joanna Carr; 214-706-1396
- Paige Ward; 214-706-1199
- National Broadcast Media Inquiries: Julie Del Barto; 214-706-1330
AHA/ASA National News Media Relations line: 214-706-1173
Line/voicemail is monitored during business hours as well as periodic after-hours (evenings)/weekends and holiday coverage - response times are asap.
Regular business hours are M-F 8:30a-5p CT.
Follow @HeartNews | Connect with us | Social Media Hub